June 7, 2020
We are incredibly thankful to be granted the opportunity to resume meeting together for worship! Our “Back to Church Sunday” will be at the Dexter Park Band Shell at 10:00 am on Sunday, June 7, 2020. We will be beginning a brand new sermon series called “The God Questions”. If you are unable to attend in person, we will also be making our service available through our online church platform (claycentercovenant.online.
It’s important to recognize that while the COVID-19 curve has flattened in Kansas, it hasn’t been eradicated. Therefore, it’s critical that Clay Center Covenant Church continue to take steps to ensure the wellbeing of everyone who gathers together with us.
As we meet in the park these are the steps we are taking together to help make meeting together possible:
- Maintain social distance of at least six feet
- Shaking hands & giving hugs are discouraged
- Please keep your children with you for the duration of service
- Please stay home if you are feeling ill or have a temperature
- Rather than passing baskets for the offering, we will have a designated location where you will be able to drop off your offering before or after the service.
Pastor’s Blog May 31, 2020
This week we celebrate Pentecost Sunday, a very significant day in the life of the Christian church. In Acts 2 we read about those first disciples of Jesus who were obediently waiting in Jerusalem as commanded by Jesus. Then God’s Holy Spirit came upon them in “tongues of fire” and it became the birthday of the Christian church. Peter preached his first sermon and about 3,000 people came to the Lord. Talk about an altar call…“Hey, Mark! Bring in that fire hose. We got some baptizin’ to do!”
The church season of Pentecost runs from this 7th Sunday after Easter all the way to the end of November when we begin the season of Advent, the four Sundays leading up to Christmas. Two common church symbols of Pentecost are 1) a white dove, as a reminder of when the Holy Spirit came upon Jesus at his baptism in Matthew 3:16, and 2) an image of fire, reminding us of God’s encounter with Moses as a burning bush in Exodus 19:18 and that day of Pentecost when tongues of fire came upon those disciples and filled them with the Holy Spirit.
May you seek God’s filling.
Reminder! We will be meeting for worship online at claycentercovenant.online.
church this Sunday (May 31). See you there!
TO OUR SPECIAL GUESTS
Welcome! We are so glad you are here! If you are a guest with us this Sunday, join us online at claycentercovenant.online.church for our service or email us at email@example.com. We want you to feel welcome, so be sure to let us know if you need anything!
- Worship Service // Worship in Dexter Park // 10am // June 7
- Previous Online Services // Click Here
- Adult A&E Classes Online // Beginning June 21 (PDF)
- High School Summer Block Party // 7:00pm // Clay Center Covenant Church