As we are meeting in-person, we want to remind you that we are following Clay County’s recommended guidelines for health safety which encourage the use of masks and physical distancing of 6 feet. Thank you for your part in helping our community!
Sunday, April 18, 2021
CONNECTED :: John 15: 1-11
John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
This one verse gives us so much to ponder and meditate on:
- Jesus as the vine (we are not!)
- We have been given the privilege of being connected with Jesus (like branches to the vine) through faith and embracing Jesus as our Savior and Lord.
- Apart from Jesus gets pretty empty — “nothing” is the word used here.
- The descriptive word of “much” in connection with “fruit.”
Let’s pause and ponder Jesus’ connection of those two words. And let’s try to avoid the tendency of landing at the place of being grape counters (assessing ourselves or others). Much fruit. Let’s also, for this time of thinking, steer ourselves away from pondering the different arenas and categories of fruit.
Let’s simply ponder: much fruit. Isn’t that just like Jesus — always including the overflowing.
- Remember the leftovers Jesus highlights in the feeding of the 5000 and 4000 (Mark 8:19-21)?
- Remember the abundance that Jesus highlights in His conversation with the woman at the well in John 4:14 – “but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”?
- Remember the “running over” phrase Jesus used in His statement on giving in Luke 6:38 – “Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap”?
Much fruit. A gift with Jesus. A blessing with Jesus. A ramification with Jesus. A purpose with Jesus. A result that cannot happen minus Jesus.
Much fruit. Chew on these words a bit today in your pondering and meditation.
Pastor Brad Mann
TO OUR SPECIAL GUESTS
Welcome! We are so glad you are here! If you are a guest with us this Sunday, join us in the church building or online at claycentercovenant.online.church for our service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want you to feel welcome, so be sure to let us know if you need anything!
- Worship Service // 9 & 11:15a
- Previous Online Services // Listen to them Here
- Adult A&E Classes & Sunday School Classes this Sunday // 10:15a // Current A&E Classes
- High School Youth Group This Week // 7p Sunday Evening
Adult A&E Classes & Student/Children Sunday School(PDF)
January – May (PDF)